Sup, Beloved? I love you! Happy Valentine’s Day. I made you a mix tape. You miss Me and you long for Me and you wish I spoke to you more often than you think I do. I’m sorry for that. You have it hard down there. I’m right there with you though, I’m just hard to feel some times. Look for Me, I’m right there, look.
I think about you all the time, and this mix tape has some songs that remind Me of you. Imagine and play along, if you will, that all these lyrics are from Me and it is Me singing these songs to you. Not all the lyrics fit The Word of God perfectly, so please don’t take this to be Scripture… but, honestly, a lot of these lyrics are pretty close. You mean a lot to me, and I hope these songs remind you of how much I care about you. It took Me six days to create the world, but it took nine months to cook up you. I know the number of hairs on your head and I count your eyelashes, secretly.
Too cheesy? Yeah, maybe a little. Sorry about that. I just want you to have a great Valentine’s Day. Remember I love you, and I hope these songs can help you think about your Number 1 Fan. Forget Me not.
UPDATE: ALL LINKS REMOVED, BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN I LOVE YOU ANY LESS.
Here’s the whole mix in one handy zip folder…
VA - Jesus Christs' Heavenly Love Songs (2006).zip
Or Track by Track…
01. Eels - Theme For A Pretty Girl That Makes You Believe God Exists
02. Mull Historical Society – Hope Intro.
03. Clem Snide - I'l Be Your Mirror
I know I plug this song a lot, but the lyrics are so dead on how I feel about you.
04. Ash - There's A Star
05. Jeff Tweedy - I'm the Man that Loves You (acoustic)
06. Of Montreal - Everything Disappears
07. The Jayhawks – Smile
08. Mull Historical Society - How Bout I Love You More
09. Pedro the Lion - Breadwinner You
This one is a little rough lyrically, but you can take it.
10. Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - Easy Love
11. Idlewild - Welcome Home
12. Johnny and June Cash - Pack Up Your Sorrows
13. Half Handed Cloud - We Are Not Orphaned
14. Eels - Something Is Sacred
15. Brandi Carlile - Closer to you
“Seasons change and I do too.”…lyrically, not quite true, but oh that chorus!
16. Colin Meloy - I Know Very Well How I Got My Name
17. Jeff Magnum - I Love How You Love Me
18. Iron and Wine - Dearest Forsaken (live)
19. Over The Rhine - I Want You to Be My Love
20. Ryan Adams – Blossom
21. The Microphones - My Roots are Strong and Deep
22. Natalie Merchant - Tell Yourself
23. Sinead O'Connor - In This Heart
24. Michael Stipe and Chris Martin - In The Sun
The cocky Chris Martin quote at the end of this song, not from Me. I've heard better.
25. Chris Mills - You Are My Favorite Song
26. Jolie Holland - Amen
Happy Valentine's Day!