Thursday, February 02, 2006

God Approved Comics


Being a fan of most all things that show how creative you guys are, I love hitting a comic shop a few times a year and picking up some comics that look great. Here's some comics I would like to give some shout outs to.

1. Dead @ 17 - The Author says he got the idea from the Evil Dead series AND C.S. Lewis! Its gotta be good! Well, mostly. I only have read the first graphic novel so far and it kinda feels like a Buffy episode... which isn't a bad thing, just not super original. But hey, what is? I thought this art is amazing and I will definitly pick up another volume. Plus it's hard to go wrong with a dead Catholic School girl killing zombies with an axe? Am I wrong?


2. Y: The Last Man - All men die but one, leaving him alone on a planet full of women. Genius! Kinda like the Mad Max series, which basically means it's kinda like perfection. Where's this tv series?

3. The Walking Dead - I know, another zombie comic, but one could argue I'm a zombie being once dead and back to life and all. Another great Mad Max feel that would also make a great tv series. This follows a small group of people after zombies pretty much take over the world.

4. Infinite Crisis - I know everything and I can barely follow this story, which is part of the fun. This comic is aiming for the fan boys, and keeping up with this is like a comic geeks red badge of courage.

5. Astonishing X-Men - Joss Whedon writing an X-Men story. What's not to love? Sure get the feeling Joss doesn't think I exist. Somebody tell him that I do before it's too late. I want him up here making movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home