Monday, February 13, 2006

Sermon on the Blog


My pal Darwin got a lot right. Sure, one could argue he got a lot wrong, but you without making mistakes throw the first stone. Evolution, for example, sounds like something a God with total power could pull off. White people being more powerful than black people, I might have a problem with. All things considered, I made Darwin pretty smart and he got a lot right. However, something regarding Me and Darwin has made me incredibly angry. And I'm not talking normal "I'm in a bad mood" angry. I'm talking pure, righteous, and holy Godly anger. I'm talking about car decals.



Now, people who claim to follow Me, listen closely... I'll do the judging, you do the loving. Say it with Me, "I do the loving." Again, "I do the loving."

My people, there is a war going on right now. A war that poses Christian car decals verses Darwin car decals, and "Christians", you are losing. What part of "love other people" is not getting through to you? Some people don't believe in Me. Some of these people don't believe in Me because you are telling them that I said that evolution isn't possible... and you are mocking them with car decals.

What is more realistic, that a magic invisible thing decided in six days to hand create every animal in the universe... or that a few chemicals mixed and slowly over millions of years those chemicals created a life that over millions of more years slowly evolved into fish? There is a leap of faith in Christianity that can be really difficult to swallow. Humans have teeth they are born with that they no longer need. Humans have organs inside of them that they no longer need. My followers, the Darwin point of view really makes a lot of sense.

So, you decide to make fun of their beliefs by putting a sticker on your car for EVERYONE to see saying that your religion will devour very realistic beliefs?

If they put a Darwin fish on their car, do you think I would want you to try to "one up" them with a Christian fish eating the Darwin fish? Do you REALLY think that is a decision I, Jesus Christ, would be excited that you made? Does that little Darwin car decal feel like a slap you in the face? What did I tell you about people who slap you in the face?

If you want to represent Me with a sticker on your car, and by all means go for it, but if you really want to put something on your car that says you are a follower of Jesus Christ, please follow these 5 simple steps:

1. Remember that I do not NEED you to advertise for Me.
2. Don't break any laws while driving.
3. That means never speed. Never.
4. Always smile and let cars cut you off.
5. Pay for the gas of strangers while you pump your own gas.

If you are not following all of these steps while driving with a Christian sticker on your car, you are hurting the cause. Sure, you sin... but hopefully you are trying to stop that and a lot of people who don't believe in Me see you guys as hypocrites (which all humans will be at one point or another). Show people you follow Me by following Me. Your actions are what I want, not My logo advertised on your car.
It is through WHO YOU ARE that effects the lives of others. When was the last time a bumper sticker changed your political views or your views on current hot topics? Keep trying. Pray for wisdom. I love you guys. Be wise, people are watching you.

3 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Lee M. Krempel said...

I understand what you're saying. But actually...seeing the bumper sticker that reads "When Jesus said love your enemies, I'm pretty sure he meant don't kill them." Sitting behind that car at a traffic light one day caused me to question War and Capital Punishment in light of my faith. It caused change in my views and now that sticker is on my car.

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know... one of your buddies has a whole series of videos that have scientific evidence- yes, scientific- that basically cuts down evolution, the Big Bang Theory, etc. I'll have to get the name of him from my pastor. I mean, I know that you basically had the power to do whatever you wanted to create us, but the whole evolution thing is kind of goofy.

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this for real?
...
oh dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home