Monday, April 17, 2006

The More you Ignore Me The Closer I Get

The BBC broadcasted an Easter surprise entitled "Manchester's Passion", where they interpreted My death and resurrection by using songs written by some mod rock Brits. The role of Jesus was played by the guy who fist fought a werewolf in “Dog Soldiers”, while the role of Judas was played by the Tim Booth, who used to be the lead singer of the band James. These clips make it look quite painful, but the idea is fun. I would love to see a “Moulin Rouge”-esque version of My life, but I guess this will have to do for now. How they fit “Wonderwall” and “Blue Monday” into the Easter story sounds interesting, but these clips only show some Morrissey and Joy Division. How they missed “I am the Resurrection”, by the Stone Roses… I have no idea.





If you are still interested, here's an article with more information about the show. Thanks to Stereogum for pointing the way to these Youtube clips.

In related news, I got a cool email from a blogger from Rocketblogged, who made Me a mix much like the idea of this show, mixing normal songs that happen to fit the Easter story well. Go over to his site and check out his mix which would work out very well for that “Moulin Rouge” Jesus movie I want made. The songs he picked and why he picked them are pretty classic.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I love Morrissey.

Also, thanks to your Valentine's Mix, I am now a fan of Iron & Wine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home