Thursday, March 23, 2006

Me and Michael Stipe


As many of you know, Jesus Christ thinks R.E.M. is one of the best bands ever, and that’s including all those bands from the 1400’s, which were never able to record but were amazing none the less. R.E.M.’s lead singer, Michael Stipe, is a gift to you guys and you all should respect the man… unless you heard their last album and then I kinda understand why you don’t. However, just about every album besides that wreched “Around The Sun”, in My humble opinion, are just about flawless. In fact, go over to Amazon.com right now and buy a copy of “Lifes Rich Pageant”. I’m God. Do it. Why don’t you people hardly ever obey Me? I asked you to pray for Me and yet you sleep. Fine, don’t buy it, but if you go to a used CD store you have little excuse not to pick up a used copy of any older random R.E.M. CD, which are cheap and better than just about anything else you could be leaving with.

So some of you might know that Michael Stipe and I don’t talk much. This pretty much breaks My heart because I love him so much. He knows a lot about Me, and believe it or not, I’ve actually shaken his hand a couple times after shows, but he kinda keeps Me at arms length. Sure, he sings about Me from time to time, but it’s mostly in code or so vague he thinks I’m not noticing. But I notice. One thing I love about him is that he is willing to search for the truth and admit that he doesn’t have the answers yet. It’s just sad when he circles around Me for so long but never quite gets Me and how My life 2,000 years ago could so radically change his life today.

Below is a link to an interview with Michael Stipe, where to My surprise, he actually talks a little about Christianity and the Christians from his life.

Click here and read if that sort of thing interests you.

Last post for a while, as I am off to Waveland, Missisissippi to help put some roofs back on top of houses. Service projects are My SxSW. Love you all very much. You can keep talking to Me, just not via My blog for a bit. I might even try talking back to you, again just not via My blog for a bit.

6 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

I was interested to come accross your blog today as I was curiously searching mine on blogger. In the 17 months I've been blogging, I rarely find another What Would Jesus Blog? so that's pretty cool. I love REM too. Blessings while you're in Waveland.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Moka said...

Dear Jesus.
Good luck on Waveland. You never answered my question concerning Yael and Yaffa. I know it's probably because you don't know shit about what I'm talking about or it's because 2006 years later you just can't stand it. I know that wasn't your fault, it happened after you died.

 
At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus, I really miss you. I've done a post in your honor. Please come back soon!

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jesus
You made a great job when you created Michael Stipe. If he liked women, he would be perfect.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus talked to me. He told me the meaning of First is Last and Last is First. He talked about the rich not being important, cars and cell phones are junk. He talked about a number of things. He said nothing about when he was coming back, then maybe he did come back and he only talked to me. I thought that everyone was going to see him? Melanie Stephan

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the Spring of 2006, God sent a message about the meaning of First is Last and Last is First. The message is this:
In the morning I go to Heaven. In the afternoon I live my life. In the evening I die, death.
What does this mean? It means that Birth is Last and Birth is First.

Gods Messenger, Melanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home