Friday, March 03, 2006

Sitting By Me?


The disciples used to always argue about who gets to sit at My right side in Heaven, as if I had a special table that showed off My best friend or something. If you have to know, it's more of a knights of the round table set up, and we are sort of on a rotation. The whole set up is kinda confusing but will make sense once you get up here. Anyway, I often like to check out who is sitting on the right side of My little web blog here, but going up to the top right corner of my blog and clicking that "next blog" button that links to another random blogger site. These are not My favorite blogs, which you can find in My 12 disciples links on the right of this page, but they are definitely blogs I found fascinating and you should give them a look if you have the time.

Interesting blogs that have, at one time or another, sat on the right side of Christ's blog:

Some Guy
My Photos
Street Fighter Guide
Pop en l'air
Reliable Jerry Springer
YAO
Armed and Gregarious
No Holds Barred

The above painting is by Brandon Bird. I love it. James Woods is a wonderful actor and I have little doubt he would be able to play not only Me but all My disciples as well in a super weird movie. And I LOVE that Robocop/Paul Weller reference.

Other possible links of interest:

They Promised Us Jetpacks has a fun shout out to American Christians who don't riot when there is a comic putting them down.

Morel Orel is an Adult Swim toon that might make Christians want to riot, but instead might just write a letter. It's kinda like South Park, but not as funny or creative, but really goes after contemporary American Christianity with some entertaining bite.

Want to prove to your friends that I exist? Trick them with this handy Burnt Jesus Image Toaster!

And finally, via Data What, a news blooper that had Me laughing so hard, some folks in South Dakota thought a tornado was coming through. Why are news bloopers always funny? Perhaps because I made them that way... but probably not.

I love you all. Thanks for visiting the personal blog of your personal savior, Jesus Christ. This has been a lot more fun for Me to communicate to you through instead of through awkward Carrie Underwood songs.

12 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Moka said...

I really don't know what to think... cool portrait but, I've always been more fond to Don Quijote than to Christ...

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Moka said...

Anyway I do have three questions to the lord:
1. Is it true that asides from the 12 male disciples you had two female disciples called Yael and Yaffa?
2. do you agree with me in the fact that the fiery furnaces have horrendously executed and mediocre albums?
3. Don't you love my blog?

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"This has been a lot more fun for Me to communicate to you through instead of through awkward Carrie Underwood songs." Jesus, this sounds kind of like a good-bye, or a sign-off of some sort. You're not leaving us, are You? You're not going to go into the wilderness for forty days or anything . . . . Say it ain't so.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger wwjblog said...

i aint going anywhere, i just get a little sappy from time to time. i love you mjrc.

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get a little paranoid from time to time, but You probably already knew that. Thanks for the reassuring word.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Casey Dorrell said...

Dear Jesus,
You know I love you . . . I've been clear enough on that, but what's with the Jetbacks link? Surely Jesus doesn't endorse such a stunted geopolitical view of the world?

What about the tensions of a repressed culture? What about the blatant racism of depicting all muslims as terrorists? What about the fact that the vast majority of violent protests took place in countries with tolatarian regimes where non-government endorsed protest of any sort is prohibited - doesn't that lead one to the obvious conclusion that these weren't spontaneous populist uprisings?

Yes, it's very mature to make fun of someone else and then say, hey we wouldn't mind if you made fun of us! Of course the riots were ridiculous, but so is the assertion that this has anything to do with free speech.

I know this isn't your article, but Jesus has gotta think about what he endorses, hey?

Your loving servant,
Casey

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger wwjblog said...

casey,

you are cooler than dirt! those are some great points. My pointing out that link is not because I agree with him or disagree with him as much as i was fascinated by what he was saying. this is clearly a touchy subject and his points are interesting. part of the fun of these blogs are you can read anybodys opionions on anything, and they don't always line up with the common opinion essays written in time or newsweek. the only thing i endorse is me. me and the new grandaddy album. me, the new grandaddy album, and the NIV version of my book. really mostly just me though. me and my love for casey. casey and the mocking music blog. ok, now im just rambling.

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, are you Jesus? Ive had second thoughts and I can't decide. If you are Jesus, Im really sorry. I shouldnt have tested you. Oh man, have I screwed up. Im going to be burning for eternity for this one. I will repent.

POT

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Casey Dorrell said...

wise words, Jesus, wise words.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Matthew Iverson said...

Aw, Jesus! Like I didn't take enough guff for my "Christian Shout Out" post the first time around. Are you testing me?

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous afrogshop said...

Thanks so much for this article, quite effective piece of writing.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger lnwslot789 said...

ดูหนังออนไลน์ กับหนังออนไลน์ที่คมชัดเต็มระบบงทั้ง 4K HD สนุกง่ายๆ กับ Ashfall นรกล้างเมือง (2019) [ ชัด ]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home