Wednesday, March 08, 2006

SuperMe


So, I hope you guys know that Superman is totally based on Me right? In fact, the origin of Superheroes in general are pretty much lifted from My biography. Because of this, I am a HUGE comic geek. That's right... Jesus Christ, comic geek. Anyway, thanks to LargeHeartedBoy, I found a website ran by a guy who apparently has more time on his hands than ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD, because he has hunted down and properly labeled the religious beliefs of practically every Super Hero known to mankind. Fascinating.

Comic Book Religion

In related news, buy the movie
Godspell and watch it over and over and over. It can be argued that this is one of those "so bad, it's good" movies or "so bad, it's unwatchable" movies. I tend to put it in the first category. Not only does is star Alias's dad as Me, but it ends with a song and dance on top of the World Trade Center. Freaky. Plus the Me character wears a Superman shirt for half the film. Classic cinema! It's kinda like The Passion Of The Christ, but instead of Jews they have hippies. Mark My words, I'm only going to say this once... Jesus Christ Super Star is for losers.

Godspell Finale on top of the World Trade Center.mov

5 Second "You Can't Do That On Television" clip, which appeared when I searched for "Godspell" video clips in Yahoo!

Godspell Movie Trailer, for those interested.

4 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it, Batman is a lapsed Catholic. Which begs the question, can you be a lapsed Protestant?

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Jonathan Migneault said...

Ha! I once bought a friend that exact Jesus action figure for a Christmas gift exchange.

For some odd reason he wasn't too pleased with the gift...

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jesus, have you seen the movies about you at vintage21.com? Click on the film projector, then videos, then page 2. The folks who put these together did them to dispel people's false notions about you; they're pretty funny. Since you've got such a great sense of humor, I thought you'd enjoy them.

 
At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Rancho Palos Verdes Animal Control said...

Greaat post thankyou

 

Post a Comment

<< Home