Thursday, January 19, 2006

Was Lost, But Now I See


There’s a show on NBC called “Lost”. Heard of it? The angels and Me watch every Wednesday. Being God, I know where they are going with this. I know everything. I know how Season 2 ends. I know how Season 3 ends. You ever watch for a repeated time “The Usual Suspects” with a friend who has yet to see it? That’s the feeling I get when I watch this show with the angels. They have no clue where this is going and they beg me every week to give them a hint. I know your thoughts, and I know lots of you humans are wondering what is up with this show, too. So, for your enjoyment, I have decided to give you some of My thoughts on the show and some spoilers as to what’s to come.

Spoiler Warning!
You ain’t gonna like how this show ends… unless you like how the X-Files ended. Or unless you like how Alias is wrapping up. Or unless you liked that Happy Days episode with the Fonz, the motorcycle, and the fish. Very similar, people! It looks good now. It looks like they know where they’re going, and they do… kinda, but it’s not going to be pretty. My advise, jump ship before it’s too late, or you are going to feel cheated when Dogget shows up looking for alien bees.
End of Spoilers.

…and that’s why Jack kills Locke. Just kidding. Anyway, I had a point. If you don’t mind the mystery being more exciting than the big reveal, by all means, hold on tight. The show ends with a whisper, but the bang is in the confusion. This is what they got right. It’s fun not knowing. Why do you think I don’t show up in your bedroom while you’re talking to Me? If you know I was real and videotaping your every move, you’d probably be acting a little different. But you just think that “hopefully” I’m real, and I absolutely love that. Keep hoping. Keep wondering. And once you start putting what you think might be real into action, that’s when life gets crazy (you’ll notice that’s also when the show gets crazy).



So, my thoughts on the show. I give props to any prime time show that is able to quote My Scripture so comfortably. With the exception of Flanders, there ain’t too many characters that are friends of Mine on the big stations. Granted, the story you’ve seen thus far seems to hint that the island is a place where all religions are thrown together in order to produce the one “true” set of beliefs… and apparently My book I wrote on this subject doesn’t alone cut it. However, it’s really fun, and they get a lot of stuff right. Plus, I love any sort of pop culture that leads to pop psychology that struggles with “Faith vs. Science”, “Am I good? vs. Am I bad?”, “Who was I? vs. Who am I?, or “God vs. No God”. Enjoy the mystery, you’re only lost once.

4 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger heather said...

fabulous, jesus.

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you know everything Jesus, so I'm guessing you made the mistake on purpose. But Lost is on ABC.

I just read this this week and thought you would appreciate it.

Expect the best. Faith is just a positive attitude with connections.

Peace

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger wwjblog said...

mj, that is indeed correct. every now and then, i will purposly put errors into my blog just to see if anybody is paying attention. some might argue that i also did that in the bible, but that's crap.

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous site said...

The thing you're writing is a big blunder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home