Saturday, July 15, 2006

Where The Heart Is

Proof that sin is alive and well in this world – Doug Benson can’t make it through the second round of Last Comic Standing. I mean, come on! That guy is a ringer! Best Week Ever without Doug Benson is like Lucky Charms without marshmallows. I’m gone for a little over a month and humor officially died while I was away. And Spiderman unmasked himself in front of news cameras? What’s this world coming to? Oh wait, I know what it’s coming to… and the ending will surprise you more than this “Lady In The Water” probably will.

So, hey gang. Missed you guys. I’ve been away from My desk the past 40 days, getting in some Me time in the desert. Well, Me time and God time and a little bit of Satan time, too. Hope you didn’t forget about Me. I was thinking about you guys a lot. Just walking around thinking. It was mostly a great time. I packed light, didn’t even bring food. I just sort of walked around in the desert all day and all night, mostly talking to God but sometimes feeling like I was just talking to Myself. The devil tried to get Me to make all your lives a little worse, but I kept turning him down. He’s trouble, but nothing I can’t handle. Mostly, it was just great spending some quality time with My dad. He loves and cares for Me a lot, even though sometimes He has ideas for My life that I’m not a huge fan of. All and all, you can’t get a better dad than the one I have, and believe it or not, you have a dad that loves you just as much as My dad’s love for Me. That love recharged Me like Superman heading toward the Sun (saw the Superman movie today… LOVED IT!).

So, how’s your summer been? Any news I got to get caught up on? Any song climbing the hype ladder to be the next Gnarles? I missed My blogging buddies, hope all is well in the interweb. I hear there’s a David Bazan album out now. Anybody hear it yet? There’s also apparently 3 new Griffin House albums, when did that happen? Any of the new Dylan leak yet? Any news on that? Please tell Me Springsteen is going to make lots of Seeger albums like Wilco should keep doing with those Mermaid Aves. This post is a little rushed because I wanted to say hi and that I’m back. Glad to be near a hi-fi connection again, and glad to be back with you guys. I’ll ramble some more soon.

Oh, I’m a Mac God now. I made the switch. Anybody wanna brag about a widget the Son of Man should have on His new laptop?

5 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus, I'm so happy you're a Mac user like me. It's just good to know, since I'm made in your image and all.

I enjoy the following Widgets. Knowing about your omniscience and all might make a couple of these irrelevant, but you never know, it might take a little of the work out of it.

Sing that iTune! - fetches lyrics and album artwork for you.
IMDB search bar widget - when you need to get that movie info but are just too lazy to actually open a window on your own.
Wikipedia search bar - same deal, for Wiki.
Bible Gateway search bar - again, same type of deal.

Now I don't know if you're a Bloglines user, but there's a Bloglines tool that'll let you know how many feeds you have to read. And a nice one called GPeek if you've got Gmail like me.

Oh, and the Sudoku widget. Because it's addicting.

Hm... and David Bazan's EP is good. 5 songs, but 2 versions of each. Mine came in today. You should get Cash's American V: A Hundred Highways, although I'm sure he slipped you a copy already, being up there and all. Oh, and The Early November put out a pretty good TRIPLE album.

You'll catch up in no time, after all you're Jesus.

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back, jc! that was the longest 40 days ever. did you get your sufjan tickets while you were away? that's about the most exciting thing happening right now.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger kilgore said...

welcome back Jeebus!

You have to get the hula girl widget here: http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/games/hulagirl.html

because there's also a dashboard You! Rock out!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger heather said...

Hi Jesus! I was just thinking about you the other day. Welcome back. Lots of interesting stuff happening, but somehow, it's all the same, right?

Glad to see ya again.

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Brown Shoes said...

hey jesus,
It's good to see you back in the blogosphere. It's weird - ever since I started reading your blog, good things have been happening to me. I got the job of my dreams, I didn't get that gigantic ticket I would've deserved for going 55 in a 25 mph zone and I just feel...I don't know...more good.
I missed you while you were away, but since you're jesus and all - I knew you were never really that far away.
Thanks, son of god, for keeping me
in your watchful care.

sincerely
bs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home